The Trummerflora Collective (USA)
"The Trummerflora Collective is an independent group of music makers that embraces the pluralistic nature of creative music as an important means of artistic expression for the individual and the community, and provides an atmosphere that nurtures the creative development of its members.
The Trummerflora Collective is using the energy of this concept to create a fertile, varied, self-sustaining environment for the Southern California experimental and improvised music scene. The collaboration of sympathetic artists, producers, fans, and venues will grow a community that can emerge from the rubble. Thanks for listening." quote from Trummerflora
- Lisle Ellis (bassist, improviser)
- Marcos Fernandes (percussionist, improviser)
- Hans Fjellestad (musician and filmmaker)
- Curtis Glatter (composer, improviser, percussionist)
- Damon Holzborn (guitarist, improviser, composer)
- Nathan Hubbard (percussionist, improvisor)
- James Ilgenfritz (bassist, composer, improviser)
- Tracy McMullen (saxophonist, improviser, composer)
- Robert Montoya (percussionist, sound artist, improviser)
- Joscha Oetz (contrabassist, composer)
- Marcelo Radulovich (audio/visual artist)
- Jason Robinson (saxophonist, flutist, clarinettist, improviser, composer)
- Al Scholl (guitarist, improviser, composer)
- Scott Walton (bassist, pianist)
- Ellen Weller (flutist, saxophonist, pianist, ethnomusicologist, improvisor-composer)
An artist-based independent record label in San Diego, California with an ear towards experimental, improvisational and global sounds.
Performing unit of the Trummerflora Collective.
- Circumvention Music
An artist-run independent record label dedicated to supporting and publishing improvised music informed by the panoramic diversity of jazz and African-American music.
A critically-acclaimed unconventional quartet that traverses the broad terrain of creative jazz and improvised music, integrating high-energy playing, intense introspection, rich grooves, open textures, and collective alchemy. Saxophonist Jason Robinson, trombonist Michael Dessen, bassist Scott Walton and percussionist Nathan Hubbard.
Keyboardist Hans Fjellestad and guitarist Damon Holzborn in a decade-long collaboration, exploring improvisation and noise art with an intensity just as capable of growling as it is signaling the landing of an alien spaceship.
- James Ilgenfritz/Sarah Weaver Duo
The duo of bassist James Ilgenfritz and Trombonist Sarah Weaver.
The electronic trio of Lisle Ellis, Marcos Fernandes and Robert Montoya.
Using samplers, computers, acoustic sources and effects, Quibble is Damon Holzborn, Nathan Hubbard and Marcelo Radulovich exploring electronic noisescapes.
- Skeleton Key Orchestra
Improvising ensemble led by Nathan Hubbard.
- Trio Maghreb
Trio Maghreb is Tracy McMullen, Al Scholl and Marcos Fernandes who use saxophones, voice, guitars, green tea, percussion, field recordings and electronics to explore open and structured improvisation, minimalism and the blues.
An electronics-based ensemble of Marcos Fernandes, Curtis Glatter, Nathan Hubbard and DJ Tenshun combining the sounds of hybrid musical influences of ambient electronics and phonography and further mixing it with raw cross-cultural percussion.
Exploring globally informed, experimental, percussion-based sounds since 1994.